Riverstone lodge is located in a quiet setting overlooking spectacular sea views in Co. Cork. Riverstone Lodge is one of PCI’s longest-running units in Cork and is well-established within its community. The unit is registered to cater for 3 young people at any given time and also provides a respite service when requested. The type of programmes that Riverstone provides are specific to each individual young person and the unit operates on 1:1 staffing at all times. The house provides
spacious conditions which allows each young person to have individual space and time alone if necessary. The unit operates on a shared living environment and focuses on allowing the young people to learn all characteristics of living skills required in any home setting.
The type of programmes Riverstone Lodge caters for includes:
- Developing a young person’s basic living skill in areas of cooking, hygiene, cleaning, and independence.
- Developing a young person to engage in the wider communities through social skill programmes, peer engagement, availing of the wider community.
- Developing behavioural modification programmes tailed to the young person needs. Examples being, self-confidence programmes, empathy building, self-motivation and self-regulation skills.
- Supporting education. Home schooling is also available if required, with support from PCI’s teacher.
- Life story work through art, music, and play.
- Development of cultures through culture awareness programmes.
- Therapeutic services